Mens Fast Pitch Classification
Click here for the ASA Fastpitch Restricted player list- note: scroll halfway down page.
Send National Committee Appeals to: FastPitchplayer@softball.org
Committee Policy for 2016.
(As of Jan. 23, 2016)
Note- At the 2015 ASA National Meeting, the council voted to combine Men's A, B, and C Fast Pitch into an 'Open Classification'. The polices below outline how Region 14 is adapting their Program to this change.
1. Participants have the right to appeal their classification to the National Classification Committee. The appeal should include as much information as possible.
2. Players listed on the Men's Fast Pitch Resricted List are ineligible to participate in the Men's Open Fast Pitch Classification.
3. Pitchers that live and work outside Region 14, who are unknown to the Region 14 Classification Committee will be rated Major until they submit a letter to the Region 14 Classification committee PRIOR to participating in championship play for a team in Region 14 each season. This letter must include team(s) played for, the level at which they played, and any statistics (team & individual) for the last three years.
4. The Classification Committee reserves the right to move a team and/or pitchers up during the season, no matter what berth they may have earned, as long as it is matched at the higher level.
5. Appeal Process- Please refer to the ASA Code.
6. Each local association determines how teams qualify for Nationals. Open division; teams from Greater San Joaquin, Northern California, Oakland, Sacramento, Southern California, Central California, and San Francisco must have their roster approved by a representative as directed by their Commissioner. Roster freeze date for those associations will be July 15th or the deadline established by the National Tournament host.
7. The ASA Mens fastpitch restricted list is located at http://www.teamusa.org/usa-softball/play-asa/adult-player-information/restricted-players-list Players/Pitchers on this list may not play below Mens Major. Additionally, players/pitchers on the Mens National Team(301-C-02-c, pg. 19) and foriegn pitchers(307-F-03-c, pg. 33) may not play below Mens Major.
Men’s Fastpitch Classification Committee
Name Contact Anna Louie
415-350-8788 firstname.lastname@example.org Tony Pehle 775-353-7836 email@example.com Matt Pfeifer
209-484-5036 firstname.lastname@example.org Terry Horner 707-753-0823 Thorner27@netzero.net Bob McCormick 661-549-3987 email@example.com Sam Ducato 925-875-9496 firstname.lastname@example.org Vince Franscona
email@example.com Paul Carleton
916-214-1374 firstname.lastname@example.org Vanessa O'Laughlin
Betsy Ito 916-202-3668 email@example.com
MINUTES OF THE COMMITTEE MEETING
Minutes-Draft of the Regional Meeting. January 23, 2016